Texas smokes beef, northwestern Kentucky smokes mutton, the Carolinas finely chop pork shoulder and dress it with an assortment of regional sauces, and all of America has gone barbecue mad. Yet, for many Americans, barbecue means Memphis and Memphis means barbecue. Here they specialize in slow-smoked ribs and pork shoulders, which are pulled apart into shreds and chunks and sandwiched along with cool, crunchy slaw. Read more about what makes Memphis barbecue special in this story from The Daily Helmsman, the student newspaper of The University of Memphis.
September 16th 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL GUACAMOLE DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date