Not long ago Austin, TX was practically a barbecue wasteland. Oh, you could find plenty of Q and, if you arrived in Austin from barbecue-deprived regions of the country, it was more than OK, but by Texas Hill Country standards, it was decidedly second-rate. While that’s no longer the case, it’s still fun to take a trip to Lockhart, less than an hour away and home to some of the all-time greats of American barbecue, to sample the wares of the city’s historic pits. Take a look at this overview of Lockhart barbecue.
September 16th 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL GUACAMOLE DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date