French has its Roquefort, Italy its Gorgonzola, Brits are proud of their Stilton and, yes, America has as much reason as anyone in the world to boast of their own blue cheese, made by Maytag Dairy Farms of Newton, Iowa. The superlative cheese has been handmade since the first batch emerged from the aging cave in 1941. Kiran Sood, writing for The Gazette, an Eastern Iowa newspaper, takes a look at how blue cheese is made on the peaceful 600 acres of the Maytag Dairy.
August 1st 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL RASPBERRY CREAM PIE DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date