Maria Mazon, the restless and inventive mind behind Tucson’s BOCA Tacos y Tequila, was born locally but grew up in Sonora, Mexico. You won’t find crisp taco shells beneath or sour cream atop any of the two dozen wide-ranging, Sonoran-styled tacos available daily in her restaurant. You WILL find an ever-changing roster of salsas with which to garnish your tacos. Perhaps you’ll fall in love with a fresh garlic and chai tea salsa, or a pickled jalapeño and honey salsa. Don’t grow too attached to any particular salsa, however, because Ms. Mazon will likely swap it out for some other fevered inspiration. Read more about Maria and her Tucson taqueria in this Tucson Foodie story.
July 24th 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL TEQUILA DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date