Sharon McDonnell, a travel writer for the Napa Valley Register, arrives in Maine for lobster and desires full immersion. So she digs into a lobster roll at Two Lights Lobster Shack just outside of Portland, heads out on a lobster boat with a newly licensed lobsterman who waited seven years for the right to trap the creatures in Maine’s cold waters, and endures a purification process before visiting a lobster processing facility. Along the way, she tells us what she learned about the life of these prized sea bugs. Read her story here.
September 21st 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL PECAN COOKIE DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date