Carnegie Deli of New York City has been closed since late April, which is when Con Edison (the New York utility) shut off gas to the building when it discovered that the Carnegie had been stealing about half of its gas, for over five years, by diverting the supply before it reached the meter. The Carnegie has been in the process of paying for the stolen gas and paying various fines, and then they will have to have work done on the building before Con Edison will turn the gas on. The deli’s lawyer said the Carnegie will remain closed for at least two more weeks.
September 21st 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL PECAN COOKIE DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date