“Comforting food with a Cajun touch.” Tom Fitzmorris, veteran New Orleans restaurant reviewer, recently paid a visit to Bon Ton Cafe, a yearly ritual he observes on the first cold evening of the year. He captures our feelings about one of NOLA’s old-timers perfectly. We might add that it’s under-appreciated in this town. It doesn’t get negative attention, it simply doesn’t get much attention at all. Perhaps that’s because it serves the same food, made from the same recipes, year in and year out. It’s not an approach designed to excite the foodies, but it excites us because it’s always executed well, and served with warmth and style. Read more about Mr. Fitzmorris’ visit here.
June 16th 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL FUDGE DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date