Omaha’s venerable Bohemian Cafe announced last month that they would be closing permanently on September 24th. Owner Terry Kapoun figured business might pickup over the last month or two as the reality of the closing approached, but the outpouring of love began immediately. Said Mr. Kapoun, “I can’t believe the number of people now. It’s like it was in the restaurant’s heyday.” Not that the sudden increase in business changes anything — a slowing business was only part of the reason for the restaurant’s closure. Everyone involved with the restaurant is also getting on in years. But perhaps all is not hopeless. “I’m now more optimistic that someone may keep the cafe going,” said Mr. Kapoun. Is that just the temporary glow of customer love speaking? We’ll see.
June 16th 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL FUDGE DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date