Owner Scott Roberts of Driftwood, Texas’ Salt Lick says his restaurant has the “best damn barbecue” in the country. Sure, he may be a tad biased but he’s not alone. The writer of this Business Insider story about The Salt Lick says it’s the place to go if you have time for just one restaurant in Austin. What started as the most rustic of Texas barbecue pits has grown over the decades into a very comfortable, almost upscale (as barbecue restaurants go) sit-down eatery. While we wouldn’t go so far as to call it Texas’ finest, we think any barbecue tour of Texas is incomplete without a visit to The Salt Lick.
September 25th 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL LOBSTER DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date