In 1914, the Charles E. Roesch and Company butcher shop was founded. (Mr. Roesch later found time to become the mayor of Buffalo.) The shop continued under the helm of his son Charles, and today his grandson Charles runs the business now known as Charlie the Butcher. All next week, Charlie the Butcher will be celebrating 100 years in business with all sorts of planned events. At the various locations around town there’ll be free birthday cake and certificates for a free beef on weck. We especially like Wednesday’s offer of a free beef on weck to anyone who shows up with something from 1914! Details of the festivities are on their Facebook page.
June 16th 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL FUDGE DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date