The Brick Pit of Mobile, Alabama begins by “loading up the massive smoker with 30 or so 8-9 pound Boston butts that will undergo some 25-30 hours of smoking at about 225 degrees.” Pitmaster Bill Armbrecht uses no seasoning at all, other than that which the smoke from pecan wood provides. The pork is hand-pulled and served with sauce on the side. That’s what David Holloway of al.com named The Best Thing I Ate Last Week. Read his writeup of The Brick Pit here.
September 25th 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL LOBSTER DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date