“I was so nervous about the name that I emailed my rabbi.” That’s Ira Freehof, owner of the newly opened Comfort Diner on New York’s Lower East Side, speaking about his Jewish/Cuban mashup. Said the rabbi, “It’s in good humor — it’s OK.” The Jewbano starts with a roll from nearby Kossar’s Bialys. The roll is stuffed with pastrami from Katz’s around the corner, pickles from The Pickle Guys up the street, roast turkey, Swiss cheese, and deli mustard. Then it’s grilled in a press like a regular Cubano. Now that sounds like good eating! Read more about Comfort Diner in this Jewish Daily Forward story.
June 16th 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL FUDGE DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date