Here’s some exciting news for those with a passion for America’s culinary history. Workers renovating a part of Lexington (NC) City Hall were surprised to uncover a series of barbecue pits. Researchers have determined that the pits date to the early 1950s and belonged to Alton Beck, who ran Lexington’s first barbecue restaurant. The city has changed their renovation plans as they intend to preserve and highlight this important piece of city history. Lexington today is known across the country as one of the epicenters of great American barbecue. Read more on the uncovered barbecue pits here.
September 21st 2021
HAPPY NATIONAL PECAN COOKIE DAY!
Search By Location (and More)
- Checking in at: Pocono Brewery Company, Swiftwater PA
- Doug’s Fish Fry, Cortland NY
- The Original Candy Kitchen, Williamson NY
- The Peppermill Restaurant, Rochester NY
- Mother’s Cupboard, Syracuse NY
- Consol’s, Endicott NY
- Buck Hill Brewery and Restaurant, Blairstown NJ
- Checking in at: Apple Dumpling Cafe, West Chenango NY
- Checking in at: Phil’s Chicken House, West Corners NY
- Craylee’s, Utica NY
View All Posts for the Selected Date